We believe we have an obligation to create shared value for all our stakeholders. This is measured as much by the positive legacies we leave in our communities and the people whose lives we enrich as by the superior returns we deliver to our shareholders.
Evolution relies on the relationships we have with our stakeholders to ensure that the opportunities created by our operations produce socially inclusive and sustainable development for the communities in which we work.
The communities near our sites experience the most direct social, environmental and economic impacts of our business. By providing competitive wages and beneﬁts, prioritising local procurement, contributing our fair share of taxesand royalties, and investing in community programs and infrastructure, we work hard to support the development goals of our host communities and governments.
Providing clear and transparent beneﬁts to local communities is an integral part of our strategy for gaining support. Our approach is to:
- Build engaged and lasting relationships with the communities in which we operate
- Uphold fundamental human rights
- Protect cultural heritage and First Nation partnerships
- Invest in meaningful community projects and sustainable development
- Respect cultures, customs and values while engaging in open and inclusive dialogue