Evolution Mining Limited’s (“Evolution” or “Company”) Inclusion and Diversity Policy is reflective of the Company’s commitment to equality and the treatment of all individuals with respect.
Evolution is dedicated to growing an inclusive and diverse workforce, aligned with the Company’s values of safety, excellence, accountability, and respect, where every employee is treated fairly, feels respected, can contribute to business success, and realise their full potential.
Evolution continues to invest in its people and processes to ensure that the workplace culture is inclusive, collaborative, and diverse in enabling our people to do their best work.
This policy applies to all Evolution employees, including directors, officers, contractors, and consultants (Employees) acting on the Company’s behalf and includes the recruitment and selection process at all levels, terms, and conditions of employment, including pay and remuneration, talent identification, promotion, work assignment, training and development and any other aspect of employment.
Diversity – refers to all characteristics that make individuals different from each other. These are more than gender, race, age, culture – diversity is a mixture of differences and similarities related to each person’s values, beliefs, experiences, background, preference, and behaviours.
Inclusion – is respecting differences and enabling a diverse mix of people to work effectively together, by creating an environment where all people feel respected, connected and can do their best work.
It is the responsibility of all Employees to understand, contribute to and maintain an inclusive and diverse workplace culture. Employees are required to demonstrate inclusion through the Evolution Values, respecting the diversity of others, incorporating inclusion into daily work practices and report violations or suspected violations.
Our People Leaders are responsible for:
- Understanding their role in promoting inclusion and diversity
- Ensuring that biases are not impacting decisions made when recruiting, evaluating performance and remuneration, providing development opportunities, identifying talent, succession planning and promotions, sharing employee feedback
- Actively promoting and influencing the value of diversity into employment practices
The following objectives underpin our approach at Evolution:
- Attract and retain a skilled and diverse workforce that best represents the talent available in the communities in which our assets are located and our Employees reside
- Build and maintain a safe and inclusive work environment by acting against inappropriate workplace behaviour including discrimination, all forms of harassment including sexual harassment, bullying, victimisation and vilification
- Provide an environment where Employees feel comfortable raising matters of concern without fear of repercussions
- Implement strategies and initiatives to address any gender or First Nations pay gap (to extent that one exists)
- Build a workforce that is provided with opportunities to develop their skills and experience for career advancement, learning and development
- Ensure that succession and talent management processes provide the necessary learning and development opportunities to develop a broader and more diverse pool of skilled and experienced employees, that over time, will be considered for advancement to more senior roles, including the Leadership Team
- Ensure appropriate selection criteria based on diverse skills, experience and perspectives is used when hiring internal and external staff, including Board members. The Board has a stated objective of not less than a 30% female representation on the Board, which is achievable by 2024 as part of Board renewal
- Recruitment practices at all levels including job specifications, advertisements, application forms and contracts will guard against conscious or unconscious biases that might discriminate against certain candidates
- Ensure that applicants and Employees of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for, and have fair opportunity to be considered for, all available roles
- Ensure that our standards and procedures support flexible work practices to meet the differing needs of all Employees
- Continue to comply with applicable legislation and regulations
Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Version Control: 1.0
Review Date: 04/11/2024
Owner: Lead – People and Culture
Approver: Vice President – People and Culture