The safety and well-being of our people is of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable. Evolution is committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace whilst striving to achieve an injury free work environment for all personnel.
Evolution has a Safety and Health Policy which is a foundation of our safety management systems and processes.
Evolution has developed a comprehensive Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) management system which our operations must comply with; each year, every site is subject to audit to ensure compliance with these HSE standards which can be viewed by clicking here.
To support our value of “Safety – every job, every day” we operate under a set of Safety Principles
- All injuries and incidents are preventable
- No task is so important that it cannot be done safely
- Working safely is a condition of employment
- Management takes accountability for safety performance
- Everyone is empowered to stop at risk behaviour and control unsafe conditions
In FY17 Evolution’s safety initiatives and achievements included
- 77% reduction in our lost time injury frequency rate
- 18% reduction in our total recordable injury frequency rate
- 39% reduction in vehicle incidents
- Ongoing improved engagement with our workforce – an average of 133 safety interactions conducted each day
- An average of 678 Take 5 pre-start safety checks conducted each day
- Conducted external safety audits of all operations against the Evolution Safety and Health Management system
- Successful Health innovative roll out “The 100,000 km Challenge ” Click here to view the video
- Hosting of our third Evolution Mine Rescue Challenge which was held at Edna May in FY17