Our two-year structured Graduate program is designed to develop you by building your knowledge base, skills and experience across the Evolution business, and placing you into a meaningful role at the end of the program, with a desire to see you as future leaders of the business!
If you want to be part of an organisation that takes people seriously, is small enough that everyone knows who you are but big enough to have the opportunities for you to grow and develop, then Evolution is the place for you!
Applications for our 2020 Graduate Program have now closed.
Your Evolution: Why the Evolution Mining Graduate Program?
- A two year structured development program aligned to the 70:20:10 learning model, to set you up for success at Evolution Mining. We firmly believe in the 70:20:10 model of learning whereby
- 70% of learning is Experiential on-the-job exposure to new and challenging experiences
- 20% of learning is Social through a support network and learning from peers, coaches and mentors
- The opportunity to learn on the job via an individual development plan, curated to ensure you have exposure to relevant and exciting tasks, are able to take ownership of real work and projects all the while making a valuable contribution to Evolution Mining. Your individual development plan will outline specific practical experience that will enable you to work towards the criteria for recognised statutory qualifications and enable success in operational positions. For example, becoming a registered surveyor / acquiring your Mine Manager’s Ticket
- Through mobility and rotations across our gold operations, you will experience unique and remote parts of Australia, connect and immerse yourself within our local communities, get exposure to corporate operations and access to both our Site Leadership teams and the Senior Leadership Team
- An extensive support network who are ready to guide you through all stages of your development in the form of:
- A rotation manager to supervise you day-to-day and provide regular feedback and coaching
- A stream leader per discipline, to oversee your development across rotations and provide discipline-specific technical guidance
- A senior mentor to provide career development guidance and a buddy to help you settle into each site
- The graduate program manager and team who will provide support, coaching and guidance, check-in regularly with the graduates and stream leads, and design and facilitate workshops in conjunction with our expert external facilitators
- Professional and personal development in alignment with our graduate competencies through a dynamic orientation experience, face-to-face workshops and webinars spread across the two years. Our development modules focus on areas such as adaptability and resilience to change, personal effectiveness, communication skills and commercial acumen
- During the last 6 months of your graduate program, our extensive support network will work together with you to finalise your permanent location and position, aligned to your skills, interests and the business needs. This is based on criteria including meeting individual performance standards and participating in all aspects of the graduate program. Our roles include a competitive salary and benefits package
In addition, the Evolution team will work with you during the last 6 months of your program to help you find a permanent role aligned to your skills, interests and the business needs.
The vacation program offers students completing an undergraduate degree the opportunity to learn about the running of a mine site and contribute to our operations first-hand.
Our 2019/20 Summer Vacation Program has now completed – further information on the completed program can be found here.
Applications for our 2020/2021 Summer Vacation Program will open later in 2020.