Evolution is committed to investing in many activities that benefit our people’s health and wellbeing such as company-wide health challenges and the provision of services by our external health partners. Promoting and supporting the wellness of our people is a mandate of our Safety and Health policy.
Evolution offers confidential monthly one-on-one health consultations by physiologists to help individuals achieve positive health and wellbeing outcomes. This may include the tracking of health metrics such as blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose levels and weight and the provision of tailored exercise programs.
The R U OK? organisation has a mission to genuinely change behaviour Australia-wide by inspiring and empowering everyone to meaningfully connect with people around them and to support anyone struggling with life. At Evolution we embrace R U OK? Day – not just once a year, but with regular reminders throughout the year to check in on our colleagues’ mental health.
FY17 health and wellbeing achievements
- More than 75% workforce participation in our Health and Wellbeing program
- 1,594 proactive rehabilitation interventions taken
- 8,783 one-on-one health consultations
- 1,767 Epworth sleep assessments
- Reductions in BMI and Blood Glucose levels
- Onsite gym facilities and access to health professionals at our remote camps
- Group exercise activities at remote camps
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees and immediate family members
- Queensland Mining Industry highly commended award for Evolution’s Health and Wellbeing program
- Embracing R U OK? Day