The objective of our sustainability and strategic planning efforts is to deliver long-term stakeholder value through safe, low-cost gold production in an environmentally and socially responsible way.
By enabling innovative thinking, setting the strategic direction and goals for the business to drive value creation and establishing clear direction, authority and accountability to act to those at the source of the risk through our devolved leadership model will build a culture of operational excellence.
The requirements of this company-wide policy and its supporting Sustainability and Strategic Planning Standards applies to all directors, employees, business partners and their subsidiaries.
In the Evolution Mining context, Sustainability refers to health, safety, environment, operational risk, security and social responsibility whilst Strategic Planning incorporates enterprise risk management, the planning cycle, from long-term strategic planning to short-term tactical, Mineral Resource and Ore Reserves (MROR) and project development and execution.
Sustainability and Strategic Planning is embedded in our decision making at all levels of the organisation. Evolution Mining will achieve the objectives of this Policy by ensuring we:
- Define and demonstrate robust risk management and environmental stewardship where threats are mitigated, whilst exploiting opportunities to create value for the business and our stakeholders
- Cultivate an innovative culture relentlessly driving operational excellence
- Provide a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace through collective leadership, encouraging our people to report unsafe situations and have positive interactions and conversations
- Foster an engaged, diverse, fit and capable workforce, providing appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision to deliver on our plan and sustainably achieve our targets
- Communicate, support and consult with our employees, contractors and stakeholders at all levels
- Provide clear accountability and understanding in developing and reporting of the MROR for Evolution Mining’s assets
- Foster an agile and robust project planning process that maximises value to the business
- Contribute positively to local, regional and national sustainability efforts, providing sustainable outcomes for our communities
- Protect and enhance our reputation as a trusted partner whilst respecting the human rights of our stakeholders
- Advance outcomes for Indigenous peoples and protecting cultural heritage and respect the human rights of all our stakeholders
- Are transparent at all levels of corporate governance and comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Conduct regular reviews and share learnings across the business to drive continuous improvement
Sustainability and Strategic Planning Policy
Version Control: 2.0
Review Date: 01/12/2023
Owner: Bob Fulker – COO, Fiona Murfitt – Vice President Sustainability
Approver: Jake Klein – Executive Chairman