The safety and well-being of our people is of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable. Evolution is committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace whilst striving to achieve an injury free work environment for all personnel.
Evolution has a Safety and Health Policy which is a foundation of our safety management systems and processes.
Evolution has developed a comprehensive Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) management system which our operations must comply with; each year, every site is subject to audit to ensure compliance with these HSE standards which can be viewed by clicking here.
To support our value of “Safety – every job, every day” we operate under a set of Safety Principles
- All injuries and incidents are preventable
- No task is so important that it cannot be done safely
- Working safely is a condition of employment
- Management takes accountability for safety performance
- Everyone is empowered to stop at risk behaviour and control unsafe conditions
In FY16 Evolution’s safety initiatives and achievements included
- 33% reduction in our total recordable injury frequency rate
- 62% reduction in significant safety occurrences
- 55% reduction in vehicle incidents
- 813 people trained in alert driving safety training modules as part of our vehicle incident prevention program
- A range of technology deployments across the group including dash cameras in light vehicles, proximity detection systems and fatigue monitoring devices
- Hosted the 2nd Evolution Mine Rescue Challenge at Mt Carlton and signed a number of emergency response mutual aid agreements with a number of other resource companies
- Successful Health innovative roll out “The 100,000 km Challenge ” Click here to view the video
- Completed safety audits of all operations against the Evolution Safety and Health Management system
- We trained over 250 people leaders in our Beyond Zero Safety Leadership program
- Evolution for the first time fielded two teams (Cowal & Cracow) into the Victorian Mine Rescue Competition which is a national level event
- Evolution participated in a range of industry safety committees including the Queensland Resource Council, NSW Minerals Council and WA Chamber of Mines and Energy